Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!
March 23, 2017, 07:24:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Link Exchange ToS/DMCA Contact Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ford v chevy  (Read 42048 times)
smcrazy

Respect: +1

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2010, 04:21:39 AM »

which one is better me and a couple of friends are in the mits of an car arguement so im asking for some help deciding
jthomsonmain

Respect: +2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 02:34:02 PM »

I have a Chevy and I haven't had any major problems with it. I just think that it doesn't really matter what kind of car you get, either way your still fucked in the end!
tyrrany

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 10:45:04 PM »

I had a Ford for a few years, nothing but trouble.  Ditched it and got a Chevy with no trouble since.  But I think I just had a bad piece.  I just prefer the look of the Silverado vs F150.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 10:45:04 PM »

katzskillz
Global Moderator

Respect: +151

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 05:03:03 AM »

Ford & Chevy share the same car "style" levels: If you want looks, go for the Ford Mustang or Chevy Camaro. If you want power, buy a Ford GT or Chevy ZR1 Corvette. Work vehicles though (trucks)....I can't keep track of them all. I understand your debate very well due to I have a Mustang & my girlfriend has a Camaro, so the topic of a dominant vehicle arises occasionally. FORDS RULE!!!
Jb12

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 03:54:39 PM »

Chevy all the! Just look at the new zr1 vette
v3n0mus

Respect: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 04:16:47 AM »

very broad topic here.....

Both have pros and cons and well as long as its not a chrsyler then you won half the battle

Interior styling and function form features=Chevy

Exterior styling/chassis devlopment=Ford

Powertrain/Driveline both have their red headed step childs but are on par

The allison transmisson is the best thing since sliced bread.....solid platform for a chevy work truck

Ford well the 4.6 is found in how many vehicles? easy to maintain will run out a lot of miles.

Its really hand and hand
cll666

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 04:50:12 PM »

I like Fords better. Their F line of trucks are the best in the world hands down. I will give props to Chevy for the Vette though
mallory

Respect: +14

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 08:37:08 AM »

I heard if a Chevy overheats--that's it. Our '78 did--ruined the rod bearings. Whereas, a Ford can overheat, maybe twice, and be OK. Fords Much harder to work on. Chevy's easier but Need maintenance--parts Everywhere (basically same block since 1955). I had a friend from Michigan who worked for GM, said they were built to fall apart  so Chevy could sell repair parts (not sure if that's quite true.) All hot rods use Chevys in Model A/Model T chassis. He also said 396 Chevy had soft camshafts, and would wear out prematurely (This I have first hand knowledge of.) Chevy, as a company, very poorly run. One worker can stop whole line. Where as , Ford is doing so well they bought Jag and Land Rover.
ajpoolservice

Respect: +2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 08:57:23 PM »

FORD !!! for trucks... Chevy for cars
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 08:57:23 PM »

mallory

Respect: +14

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 08:02:12 AM »

I did a snap decision and got a Chevy 5-door. It is very easy to work on, except the harmonic balancer...I hope it has two -piece seals, as they are leaking.... dbagsmile

EDIT: harmonic balancer Easy..Rear Mains Hard...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:49:24 AM by mallory » Logged
timmytucan
VIP Member

Respect: +3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 02:17:10 PM »
+1

Chevy for the cummings desiel  Huh?  Wink
lifeissuffering

Respect: 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 10:02:31 PM »

personally i favor a chevy but in the long run in most cases for problem wise its not the make its how they are abused. i have a modified cobalt and a ford crown vic and they both take a hell of a beating but beat on them to much and they both break.
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 10:02:31 PM »

smcrazy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 12:01:11 PM »

in the last year ive had an 85 86 87 f150 an a 88 f 250   85 was a straight six could yank the house down but kept shattering the bellhousing 86 was automatic aod shot the trans out of that 87 the guy who i bought it off of didnt tell  me that he used the truck a as plow i put clutch number ten in the truck to have 1500 miles later shit the trans the f250 just didnt die the rear main was so bad i was going throught a five quart jug a week then when my 85 dies for the last time i got another chevy s10 blazer otugh little suv 4.3 l v6 throttle body injection simple efficent  this whole got started when my buddie an i had a car feud  he had just bought a chevy an it shit the motor out an i had just bought a ford an i shit the trans out  so three chevy later he got a ford an he loves it an it hasnt broken down i bought a chevy an havent had a problem so far it seems the natural balance has been restored
rabengard

Respect: -1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 05:28:41 AM »

Why don't you just go for a BMW or a Mercedes or an Audi? Afraid of german prefectionism? If you want them to be though they will offer you something like it. If you need something fast, they'll have it. The only thing they don't offer, a drowning V8. But they will offer you V8's that vanquish every sloppy gear with their perfect harmony!
ajones124

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 04:29:15 AM »

Chevy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
    Content such as images and videos posted by members are NOT hosted on Anarchy Nation servers. They are hotlinks where the images are hosted elsewhere, and the links point to these these third party sites. None of these sites are affiliated with Anarchy Nation. Do not submit DMCA requests to the owners of this site. Instead follow the links, and request the files themselves be removed from the file hosting site's servers. Learn more about our DMCA Policy by clicking here.

Anarchy Nation takes no responsibility for what any user encounters when following a link outside this website. This includes (but not limited to) advertisements, pop-ups, embedded adware/malware, suggestion of paid subsriptions, etc. We highly encourage users to have proper firewall, anti-virus and malicious script-blocking software installed on their platforms. It is better to be safe than sorry!

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com