Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!
February 19, 2017, 10:58:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Link Exchange ToS/DMCA Contact Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 06-09-09: Elderly woman shocked with Taser  (Read 4368 times)
Excessive Force

Respect: +6

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2010, 03:03:57 AM »

SOURCE
TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) - Law enforcement officials are defending the actions of a Travis County deputy constable who shocked a woman, 72, with a Taser during a traffic stop in May.

Deputy Constable Chris Bieze pulled over Kathryn Winkfein on the afternoon of May 11 along a dangerous stretch of Highway 71 in Travis County. Winkfein was clocked going 60 in a 45 in a construction zone.

Video of the incident shows Winkfein refusing to sign the speeding ticket. The deputy orders her out of her vehicle and tells her she is going to jail.

The deputy warns her repeatedly to step back or she "will be Tased." Winkfein responds, "I dare you."

When the deputy attempts to handcuff the woman, she struggles and insists she is going to get back into her truck.

The deputy shocks Winkfein with a Taser after warning her. Winkfein fell to the ground and screamed in pain.

Deputy Constable Bieze's supervisor is standing by his officer's actions.

"He mitigated this event safely and effectively," said Sgt. Major Gary Griffin. "Nobody sustained any injury."

Winkfein is charged with resisting arrest.

Travis County Sheriff Greg Hamilton in Awe of Grandma Being Tasered By Constable
truthstriker

Respect: +1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 11:59:41 AM »

I kinda of applaud the guy, if the women was in the right, why not sign the paper and appear in court to fight the speeding ticket.  As far as the taseing goes, i think its standard operating procedures now, and everyone gets the same treatment, whether your and elderly woman or and young man.  I had a couple of buddies get tased and charged from just walking away from a cop while they were being questioned at a scene.  My buddies on the other hand did verbally threaten the officers while walking away.
Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
    Content such as images and videos posted by members are NOT hosted on Anarchy Nation servers. They are hotlinks where the images are hosted elsewhere, and the links point to these these third party sites. None of these sites are affiliated with Anarchy Nation. Do not submit DMCA requests to the owners of this site. Instead follow the links, and request the files themselves be removed from the file hosting site's servers. Learn more about our DMCA Policy by clicking here.

Anarchy Nation takes no responsibility for what any user encounters when following a link outside this website. This includes (but not limited to) advertisements, pop-ups, embedded adware/malware, suggestion of paid subsriptions, etc. We highly encourage users to have proper firewall, anti-virus and malicious script-blocking software installed on their platforms. It is better to be safe than sorry!

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com