Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!
October 18, 2017, 08:36:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Link Exchange ToS/DMCA Contact Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diesel Cars  (Read 55106 times)
JJ

Respect: 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 04:39:07 PM »

How about a diesel 1500 series pickup? I'd be all over it if GM made one.
mallory

Respect: +14

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 06:46:34 PM »

To reply to some earlier posts: Screwy

For same displacement, etc, Diesels provide much more torque than a comparable gas engine, not horsepower. Torque feeds the bull dog, especially in a truck.  
   But, for what any engine lacks in power, gears can make it up:
   My Triumphs had a lot of low end torque, not much top end horsepower. 3 or 4 gears worked  fine.
   My Honda has no low end, all top end. Six gears fix that..

They do get better mileage for same displacement, etc, partly due to diesel fuel's higher heat content than gasoline. Higher compression vaporizes fuel more. allowing more efficiency.

Old Mercedes  4-cylinder  diesel sedans, imported to the U.S, without turbos (at least my sister's, I don't recall what model but it was '64 vintage); were slowww.   She hadda pull over to let people pass while she labored up hills in Sonoma County, near Freestone. Ask anyone who had one.  This and slow starting, hard to find fuel gave the diesel a slow start in US.

Please Note:  all diesel sedans, coupes, have turbos in them nowadays. Some trucks, even big rigs, too. There had to be a reason they did this. Grin

Again, folks:  please reference year, make, model. My sister and I are not lying.   Perhaps an '81  VW  had all the bugs out (Heard nothing bad about these=!  Applause), but not a '64 Merc.  Bang Head Like buying the first Daewoo or Kia--bound to be teething pains.

With all using glow plugs, electronic (no longer mechanical) fuel injection, and  turbos, they are Great. Especially since price of fuel went back down. Diesel always used to be cheaper, and it had higher heat content than gas-- with their  better mileage,you saved all around.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 09:36:23 AM by mallory » Logged
vzs87

Respect: +17

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2016, 05:00:53 AM »

Diesel I love your voice Wink
Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2016, 05:00:53 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
    Content such as images and videos posted by members are NOT hosted on Anarchy Nation servers. They are hotlinks where the images are hosted elsewhere, and the links point to these these third party sites. None of these sites are affiliated with Anarchy Nation. Do not submit DMCA requests to the owners of this site. Instead follow the links, and request the files themselves be removed from the file hosting site's servers. Learn more about our DMCA Policy by clicking here.

Anarchy Nation takes no responsibility for what any user encounters when following a link outside this website. This includes (but not limited to) advertisements, pop-ups, embedded adware/malware, suggestion of paid subsriptions, etc. We highly encourage users to have proper firewall, anti-virus and malicious script-blocking software installed on their platforms. It is better to be safe than sorry!

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com