Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!
May 24, 2017, 01:07:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Link Exchange ToS/DMCA Contact Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Revealing Easy Google Profit Scams! Don't sign up for ANY of these!  (Read 56979 times)
Oppenheimer

Respect: +78

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 03:10:29 PM »

This topic has over 10k views... almost none of the others have even gotten over 1 k. Coincidence? I don't think so.
Anarchology
Administrator

Respect: +171

View Profile WWWAnarchologyORG
1PGrhhSNXpYeo3DD7bnU9RMvJFX7A2uFoh

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2009, 03:45:12 PM »

This topic has over 10k views... almost none of the others have even gotten over 1 k. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I hope that the information provided makes people think twice about signing up with one of those scam sites. There is another thread about yet another one of these scams somewhere around here.
Tinfoil

Respect: +17

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 01:20:48 AM »

Fucked up how those things work. How the hell are they still in business?  Screwy
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 01:20:48 AM »

Anarchology
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 02:58:17 AM »

ADMIN NOTE: In no way is Anarchology remotely related to these sites. We ask that NO ONE ever fall for these kinds of scams. YES, THEY ARE SCAMS! All of the websites listed and the information below are that of what could be considered 'Legal Scammers'. This thread is only to provide information for possible victims, or to deter people from falling for these kinds of acts! As an added note, any dumbasses that join to post up questions like "how do I make money online?" will be BANNED! If you don't get the point of this thread, you clearly do not have a brain!

We have started our own little campaign against scams on the internet, and you can join the cause. Please post your own stories (personal information censored) if you have been effected by this scam!

You can also email your findings to the following email address below setup specifically for this shit!
SICKofTHISjunk@gmail.com
ustelephone

Respect: +1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 06:34:01 PM »
+1

I can't believe I fell for this bullshit.  I found this on FoxNews.com of all places, and it looked like a news article "Make $79/hr working from home".  I've been working from home for 2 years and make a decent living, so this didn't come off as a scam at all.  I took it as Fox News reporting a great opportunity with Google.  After I submitted the form and paid the $1.79 I saw the fine print about the $79 monthly.  I tried to call the toll free number and there's a recording saying they're closed (it's Sunday).  I just received this credit card, and we all know that getting a credit card these days is not easy.  Has anyone been able to cancel this without racking up charges later? 

I sent an email off to Fox News telling them that they are part of the problem.  This ad was posted on their home page and looked like an article.  I tried to go back to the home page and find it, but I guess there's a cookie or something that told the site I had already gotten fucked and not to display it again.  I went to a friend's house and there it was.  I have a screenshot if anyone would like to see it.  It does say "advertisement" in small light gray letters above the area that contains the ad. 

I'm curious about something.  We all know that law enforcement can't keep up with all of this, but how the hell to these scumbags maintain their merchant account?  I've had my Merchant account closed for getting 3 chargebacks in a year.  Why do the banks allow these scams to continue billing credit cards?  I've got to imagine that at least half the people who sign up either chargeback or cancel the card. 

Anarchology
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 12:23:09 AM »
+1

I can't believe I fell for this bullshit.  I found this on FoxNews.com of all places, and it looked like a news article "Make $79/hr working from home".  I've been working from home for 2 years and make a decent living, so this didn't come off as a scam at all.  I took it as Fox News reporting a great opportunity with Google.  After I submitted the form and paid the $1.79 I saw the fine print about the $79 monthly.  I tried to call the toll free number and there's a recording saying they're closed (it's Sunday).  I just received this credit card, and we all know that getting a credit card these days is not easy.  Has anyone been able to cancel this without racking up charges later? 

I sent an email off to Fox News telling them that they are part of the problem.  This ad was posted on their home page and looked like an article.  I tried to go back to the home page and find it, but I guess there's a cookie or something that told the site I had already gotten fucked and not to display it again.  I went to a friend's house and there it was.  I have a screenshot if anyone would like to see it.  It does say "advertisement" in small light gray letters above the area that contains the ad. 

I'm curious about something.  We all know that law enforcement can't keep up with all of this, but how the hell to these scumbags maintain their merchant account?  I've had my Merchant account closed for getting 3 chargebacks in a year.  Why do the banks allow these scams to continue billing credit cards?  I've got to imagine that at least half the people who sign up either chargeback or cancel the card. 

I was just skimming the forum new posts while on my phone, and saw your response to this, and had to come back in to respond. First off, you are not alone when it comes to people being led into these scams, since I have seen many of the stories of other angry people like yourself. The reason why these scams strikes home is because when I went to visit her, she was showing me this program (actually a printed out fake article), which led me into investigating these douchebags.

Believe it or not, somehow this shady practice is still considered legal, but shouldn't be for long. There are supposedly a handful of lawsuits against the companies that own and control these sites. Apparently, there are more than one company or individual behind many of these sites. These so-called companies have a shady practice of changing their very company names from one site to another making it even harder to be tracked down by the common person.

My best explanation for you to fight these charges is to call your credit card company, and dispute all of the charged. Explain to them in a calm manor of how these sites did this. Believe me, I'm sure the person on the end of the line has seen the exact same scam site complaints, and should be more than helpful to fix the problems.

What you can do to help us get the word out:
Since you have been personally effected by these deceptive companies, I'm asking if you could please provide any kind of information you have gathered on them. That screen shot you spoke about could be helpful. Also, do you have any contact information gathered including phone numbers, addresses, business names, etc.?

Did they manage to send you the "free trial" DVD or packet that they were originally offering in the deception? If so, can you explain what exactly came in the mail, or possibly post any kind of return address information? This would be extremely helpful.

I've been looking into these scams over the last couple months, myself. I've tracked down a couple phone numbers that always lead to voicemails. I have tracked down a couple email addresses and physical addresses, but not quite sure if they are fake. I would love to get someone behind these companies on the record, and my main goal is to get them so far out into the spotlight (even if on a personal level) that they stop with these deceptive business practices!
Oppenheimer

Respect: +78

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 12:40:56 AM »
+1

Just because it's not illegal does not make it right. Just because it is illegal does not make it wrong.

One of my prime principles; and MAN are scammers falling into the first cathegory. I'm fully willing, ready and able to employ the second part against the wrongdoers should oppurtunity present itself. Speaking of wich...

Anarchology, could you message me some links or IP:s for these scams? Relax, I'm not going to fall for them, I want to... dissuade... further use of the internet as a mean of scamming like this. Just give me something to start with.

Edit: Blessed be the impatient, for they won't have time to suffer doubts... I found it on the first page  Embarrassed Nevermind Anarchology...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:56:54 AM by Oppenheimer » Logged
secretsquirrel007

Respect: +4

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 09:59:38 PM »

alot of people are computer illiterate and have no common sense so they'll click on it regardless.
snkguy

Respect: +2

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 10:44:33 AM »

these types of things almost never work out. just another way to make desperate people more desperate. It's a shame that these ads are everywhere
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 10:44:33 AM »

savageman
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 07:37:38 AM »

Ok, being one who actually DOES work from home, let me put my 2c into this...

First off, these 'work from home' offers that these sites are spreading around (Google, Ebay, Yahoo, etc) are ALL bullshit. What they do specifically is provide a user control panel with extremely limited capabilities (for instance, show your profits for the month, undoubtedly $0), and a link that will bring you 99.99% of the time directly to the host company (Google, Yahoo, etc) website where you will STILL have to perform the EXACT same actions as you would if you DIDN'T just pay $19.99 for this 3rd party garbage software.

In essence, for those who spend the $19.99+ on this 3rd party website, are paying for a redirect link to Google's advertising page. Congratulations, you have quite possibly just paid for their monthly hosting fee with your $20. Anyone else who now falls for this scam will be giving profits directly to the scammers, thus keeping these sites afloat extremely easily.

HOW DO THESE SITES STAY IN BUSINESS?

Here's the reason: They are LEGAL. Why? A good question, because they DO everything they say they will, they provide 'TOOLS' to make money, they do not claim to be affiliated with the company they provide tools for, and state that results may vary.

Ever see those car commercials where you're guaranteed 0% financing for the life of your loan? The same rules apply, you have to read the fine print at the bottom of the page, or record the voice and slow it down to hear the bullshit they throw in. You are almost guaranteed not to get that 0% unless you have credit spewing out of your ears like a volcanic eruption.

Now, I stated I work from home, and yes, I DO in fact, work from home. How? Because I got a REAL job working as a network analyst for a bank, I worked in-office for 1 year, and then was offered a WFH position. I had to sign about 500 waivers and guarantees that they would get all of their equipment back if I left or was terminated, and signed a contract that I would return to the office 1-day per month as a check-in.

For those who are all OOOOHHHH THAT SOUNDS AWESOME, I'll shed some light on this subject also.

It isn't all that grand.

#1. You are stuck in your house an additional 8 hours every day, on top of whatever time you already spend there.
#2. I'm antisocial, extremely, I don't like crowds, and I hate dealing with people even more so, but it DOES get lonely when the few people you liked aren't around, and all you have is a computer screen to stare at.
#3. I work at 3AM - 11:30 AM, which essentially kills my social life, makes me tired a lot of the time, and doesn't work out so well when you want to get hammered Sunday night.
#4. Slacking off increases, work production decreases, and your boss starts getting pissed.

Working from home is not the grand "I can sleep all day and make my own hours" that these places make it out to be. It is just as hard, if not harder, to work from home and manage your time, business, and personal life together.

Don't fall for these scams, they are ALL fake, and will steal your money with no remorse, and don't even bother trying to get it back from these companies, just call your CC company and file a charge-back, and report them to the BBB, that is about all you can do.
LMFAO

We will forsake you, fallen brother.

Respect: +17

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 07:00:18 PM »

bah, why people dont just go and get a job still confuses me
samosb71

Respect: +2

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2014, 04:33:03 AM »

I always these quick money making schemes were scams but thanks for the detailed info and warning
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2014, 04:33:03 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
    Content such as images and videos posted by members are NOT hosted on Anarchy Nation servers. They are hotlinks where the images are hosted elsewhere, and the links point to these these third party sites. None of these sites are affiliated with Anarchy Nation. Do not submit DMCA requests to the owners of this site. Instead follow the links, and request the files themselves be removed from the file hosting site's servers. Learn more about our DMCA Policy by clicking here.

Anarchy Nation takes no responsibility for what any user encounters when following a link outside this website. This includes (but not limited to) advertisements, pop-ups, embedded adware/malware, suggestion of paid subsriptions, etc. We highly encourage users to have proper firewall, anti-virus and malicious script-blocking software installed on their platforms. It is better to be safe than sorry!

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com