Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!
August 21, 2017, 07:06:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Link Exchange ToS/DMCA Contact Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Make Money on Twitter SCAM! Do not fall for this crap!  (Read 30001 times)
Anarchology
Administrator

Respect: +172

View Profile WWWAnarchologyORG
1PGrhhSNXpYeo3DD7bnU9RMvJFX7A2uFoh

« on: July 14, 2009, 07:25:31 PM »
+1

Alright, this is the second thread related to these "make money posting links" scams. The first one was on making money supposedly posting links on Google. This one is another scam that seems to be made by the very same shady companies as the Google one. Instead, this claims making money off of posting on Twitter. Don't fall for it.

This is the other thread: http://anarchology.org/index.php?topic=2178.0

First off, I want everyone to know that Anarchology.org has no affiliation in any way with these scam sites. We do not suggest anyone try these programs, and we hope you spread the word so other people don't get robbed by these nasty companies. Also, do not post your email addresses. Anarchology DOES NOT and WILL NOT post up potential other programs. Anyone trying to post up any alternatives will be permanently banned from the site. We won't stand for this shifty shit. This thread is ONLY made to warn people from any kinds of programs like this.

Here we go. This is the newest scam on the net, and I'm sure people will end up falling for this crap. This 'program' offers to pay people $25 a link to be posted on Twitter. Trust me, its a scam. Instead of paying you anything, they give you the least amount of information, while asking for you to put in billing information. Go and read the fine print, and you'll see HUGE fees (some even monthly recurring fees) that you somehow actually agree to by clicking on the "Agree to Terms" button after putting you information in. You think you are paying for shipping fees for something free, but little to your knowledge, you are actually agreeing to the company to charge you countless other charges that could result in you being billed upwards of $300.

Below is a screen shot of the page. Keep in mind, you are looking at a FAKE PAGE made to look like it is a real news article. Unlike the one in the other thread that was a completely faked news paper site, this time they made the mistake of using the name of a real paper. I am currently emailing all of the details and information seen on this page to the real Chicago Reporter, and hope they sue the ever living hell out of this shady company.

Here is the screen capture of the FAKE news page (from the link above):
http://washington-reporter.com/college-dropout-shares-secret-fb/?keyword=KAT_728_01

^^^ Now, that page screen capture above is a fake. They do not have any affiliation with The Chicago Reporter. Also, pay attention to the actual web address. the website that "article" is listed under is www.washington-reporter.com. If you Google "Washington Reporter", you come up with nothing, because they do not exist. That entire website and the page shown above are FAKE. Do not fall for any of the junk you see on it.

Before I go on, I want to completely stress that they do not have any affiliation with the real Chicago Reporter. The real Chicago Reporter website is www.ChicagoReporter.com. Please do not get these two confused. I believe the real owners of this news syndicate has no idea of the copyright, trademark, and possibly defamation of character. If you are the owner of Chicago Reporter, and have come to this post, scroll down below to find out more information on this company!
Anarchology
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 07:49:44 PM »
+1

This is the second installment of information gathered regarding this scam. Below, you will find examples of these scam websites, and also potential information on what company owns or hosts these sites. Surprisingly, one of the websites is only 10 days old! I'm hoping the other information will help possible victims track down those who ripped them off.

Some of the many affiliate scam sites probably owned by the same company:
http://twitterpaydays.com/
http://www.explodingwebtrends.com/campaigns/prosperu-twtr/index.php
http://twittercashkit.com

Example screen captures of the deceptive sites:

So, who exactly owns these scam sites? Well, that might be a little hard to tell. Below is the WHOIS information I dug up. I will have to do a little bit of digging to see where this Moniker Privacy Services ends up. If this is a service made to protect the actual identity of the shady website owners, I'll find other ways of digging down their information.

Code:
Domain Name: TWITTERCASHKIT.COM
Registrar: MONIKER

Registrant [1914817]:
Moniker Privacy Services TWITTERCASHKIT.COM@domainservice.com
Moniker Privacy Services
20 SW 27th Ave.
Suite 201
Pompano Beach
FL
US

Administrative Contact [1914817]:
Moniker Privacy Services
20 SW 27th Ave.
Suite 201
Pompano Beach
FL
US
Phone: +1.9549848445
Fax: +1.9549699155

Billing Contact [1914817]:
Moniker Privacy Services
20 SW 27th Ave.
Suite 201
Pompano Beach
FL
US

Technical Contact [1914817]:
Moniker Privacy Services
20 SW 27th Ave.
Suite 201
Pompano Beach
FL
US

Domain servers in listed order:

NS0.TWITTERCASHKIT.COM 67.51.169.20
NS1.TWITTERCASHKIT.COM 67.51.169.21

Record created on: 2009-05-22 14:41:43.0
Database last updated on: 2009-05-22 15:55:31.1
Domain Expires on: 2010-05-22 14:41:43.0

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

Oh wow, check this one out. Below is the WHOIS for www.twittercashkit.com. Scroll down to the bottom and see exactly when the site was created. Looks like this site has only been around for 10 days. It was created on July 6th, 2009. This makes me feel better about catching this scam sooner!

Code:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
(480) 624-2599 Phone
(480) 624-2598 Fax
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
twitterpaydays.com@domainsbyproxy.com
Administrative Contact
Registration Private
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
(480) 624-2599 Phone
(480) 624-2598 Fax
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
Technical Contact
Registration Private
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
(480) 624-2599 Phone
(480) 624-2598 Fax
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
Registered Through
GoDaddy.com, Inc.
Domain Name: twitterpaydays.com
Created on: 2009-07-06 16:01:55
Expires on: 2010-07-06 16:01:55
Last Updated on: 2009-07-06 16:01:55
Domain Servers
NS49.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS50.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
[/size]
Anarchology
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 08:15:30 PM »
+1

Here is the third installment of the information I have gathered on these scam sites. Just like the other thread regarding the "Make Money on Google" scam, these new Twitter scams work in the very same way. Below, I expose the lies and deception used. They are plenty and they are wrong. They are even possibly illegal as well.

They lie about news coverage. Its an easy deceptive process in order to make you think they are legit:

They have a single page asking for your info, while giving no actual information about services they provide:

They hide the 'Terms & Conditions' where you don't think to look. See it down there?

The best part is what you find when you click on that tiny little link called "Terms & Conditions". This is the part that will shock you, but when you see how it is a scam, you'll see why they put the huge costs deep in the corner. Below is a link to the Terms with the key points in bold. This is completely disgraceful.

http://twitterpaydays.com/contact.php?ds=1&S=0009&P=5495&X=&css=twitter&HF=true&cmd=terms

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
T63 Pure Nature Products, LLC
Last Modified: July 14, 2009
By submitting your credit card information, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, as set forth: By sampling our product for shipping and handling charges of $0.99, you will be given a period of six days, from the time you place the order, to decide if you want to continue using the product. You will receive a username and password in your "Welcome" email at the time you complete your original transaction. This email will be sent to the email address provided at time of sign up. Please ensure you view your "Junk" email folders to find your email with this important information as your filters may put it there. The username and password will allow you access to the website that will be the fulfillment of the program. This will allow you to immediately access the website and begin your exploration of knowledge with the hope of obtaining a more secure financial future through Twitter. You will receive a DVD with other getting started tips as a "Bonus" in addition to the access of the website. Please allow several days to receive your product. You can cancel at any time during the six day trial period by unsubscribing at our website at http://twitterpaydays.com/help with no further obligations. In the event you do not cancel within six days after you order your trial product, you will be automatically enrolled in our convenient subscription plan and your credit card will be charged $84.79 for access to the website. Thereafter, 30 days from your initial order, you will be billed the monthly charge of $84.79 each month. Limit of one trial sample per household. If, at any time thereafter, you wish to cancel the convenient subscription plan, you may unsubscribe at http://twitterpaydays.com/help with no further obligations. Please take the time to read our complete Terms and Conditions below before continuing.

Products may be shipped and charged through various merchants.

Cancelation Policy: You are entitled to a refund of one month, a value of $84.79, if you contact us within 40 days of the original trial order date and you have not signed into or visited the website via your username/password. No refunds will be given outside of these parameters.

If you are purchasing this product as an upsell or additional sale from another offer, the Terms and Conditions will follow the same continuity as the initial product. The upsell will be on a trial basis of 20 days and the product price will be $16.44. To cancel an upsell subscription you must cancel by going to the web page noted on the upsell confirmation page or go to the web page printed on the product label.

You are also enrolling in our Health Tracker Program. The first 30 days from your signup date is free. If you like the Health Tracker Program, do nothing, and we will bill your credit card $6.82 per month for the subscription. If you are not satisfied, you may cancel this service at any time by cancelling at health-tracker.com with no further obligations. [/b][/size]
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 08:15:30 PM »

Anarchology
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 08:25:35 PM »
+1

ninefingers
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 12:33:42 PM »

I guess both boards just boil down to the old adage:"Read Everything before you sign."
Tainted Pix
Global Moderator

Back from the dead!

Respect: +243

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 03:44:33 AM »
+1

I guess both boards just boil down to the old adage:"Read Everything before you sign."

Ohhhhhhh, they make it much more deceptive than you think. Probably the worst part about the whole thing is that they seem to be advertising on sites like Facebook and MySpace so members will more than likely believe it to be legit. Their MO is always a website page that looks to be an article from a paper. When you scroll down, you see that there are some obviously ALL "positive" comments, and with a message below the comments saying that 'adding new comments is disabled because of spam'.

I'd love to take all of these shifty bastards off the net!
trevor

Respect: +1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 01:23:33 PM »
+1

twitter is full of affiliate marketing its annoying as hell

i use it to keep my followers up to date on product info and stuff but thats a bit different
Tainted Pix
Global Moderator

Back from the dead!

Respect: +243

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 05:08:51 PM »
+1

twitter is full of affiliate marketing its annoying as hell

i use it to keep my followers up to date on product info and stuff but thats a bit different

Yes, that is very different and nothing close to a scam. I know companies like Best Buy have their own little twitter updates of deals. The thread about "making money on Twitter" is a giant scheme that leads to the same outcome. First it was "Easy Google Profits", now it's "Make Money on Twitter". They will probably have something related to Facebook and MySpace soon enough, but the so-called products and programs they tack onto your purchase have nothing to do with making any kind of money.

They end up tacking on an excess of $300 in bullshit monthly fees that you somehow agree to when you order some bullshit DVD for $0.99. But to be clear, these scams are in no way related to companies or people who post up deals in their feeds on Twitter or on any social networking community for that matter.
Anarchology
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 02:55:27 AM »

ADMIN NOTE: In no way is Anarchology remotely related to these sites. We ask that NO ONE ever fall for these kinds of scams. YES, THEY ARE SCAMS! All of the websites listed below and the information below are that of what could be considered 'Legal Scammers'. This thread is only to provide information for possible victims, or to deter people from falling for these kinds of acts! As an added note, any dumbasses that join to post up questions like "how do I make money online?" will be BANNED! If you don't get the point of this thread, you clearly do not have a brain!

We have started our own little campaign against scams on the internet, and you can join the cause. Please post your own stories (personal information censored) if you have been effected by this scam!

You can also email your findings to the following email address below setup specifically for this shit!
SICKofTHISjunk@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 02:55:27 AM »

qnpd

Respect: +1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 08:41:38 PM »

thanks. always knew twitter was dumb
facechampion

Respect: +6

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 11:58:01 AM »
+1

Yeah, this is the same deal as deciding if emails are scams or not. Comes down to simply, if it's too good to be true it probably is. You're not going to make 10k on twitter or facebook, or google, or whatever with some system some guy is selling you. ,You may if you come up with some crazy good idea but somebody's not going to just give, or even sell you something like that. Don't be stupid.
secretsquirrel007

Respect: +4

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 09:54:40 PM »

twitter is a waste of time tbh.. and good for stalkers i guess.
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 09:54:40 PM »

teen11

Respect: 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 03:33:54 AM »

You don't read the fine print, it's your fault. Technically anyway.
Anarchology
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 06:09:13 PM »

You don't read the fine print, it's your fault. Technically anyway.

Actually the 'fine print' was not on any sign up page. It was within a 3 page long legal statement off a small 8 font link on the bottom of the page called "Terms of Service". It is the equivalent of Facebook or MySpace having a tiny clause saying they would sign you up for every "win a free iPod" spam sites. Don't forget these scams were paraded as being featured in a news papers that did not exist, and also lied about being featured on given news networks.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:10:21 PM by Anarchology » Logged
LMFAO

We will forsake you, fallen brother.

Respect: +17

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 07:01:58 PM »

they pull you in with words like could and money and cash and whatnot. you "could" make $12345678. wanna make lotsa "cash" working from home? etc etc

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
    Content such as images and videos posted by members are NOT hosted on Anarchy Nation servers. They are hotlinks where the images are hosted elsewhere, and the links point to these these third party sites. None of these sites are affiliated with Anarchy Nation. Do not submit DMCA requests to the owners of this site. Instead follow the links, and request the files themselves be removed from the file hosting site's servers. Learn more about our DMCA Policy by clicking here.

Anarchy Nation takes no responsibility for what any user encounters when following a link outside this website. This includes (but not limited to) advertisements, pop-ups, embedded adware/malware, suggestion of paid subsriptions, etc. We highly encourage users to have proper firewall, anti-virus and malicious script-blocking software installed on their platforms. It is better to be safe than sorry!

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com