Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!
June 23, 2017, 10:24:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Link Exchange ToS/DMCA Contact Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Private Prisons?  (Read 4934 times)
mallory

Respect: +14

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »

I was somehow surprised that private prisons exist. I though this was a conflict between state and private industry, pandering,  and a reemergence of the trusts, Apparently we forget our lesson. Note,  I am Not Against violents spending time. I am against private industry"inventing" criminals to stuff their pockets and so  fudge figures to look like they are doing a "better job". Our entire system of laws needs revising to absolutely prevent unnecessary incarcerations:

"Are you against racist laws ands committed to building safer, stronger communities? If so, here are a few reasons why you should consider supporting the private prison divestment campaign, and moving your money to a credit union.

The state (and corporations like Wells, Fargo) uses patron's money to build and maintain private prisons, while cutting social  services like education and health care.

The US has the largest population in prison in the world, 2.3 million. We have but 5% of the population, yet 23.6% of the world's prisoners. (2% of our population is behind bars.)Prison populations are increasing . (No , not due necessarily to "more efficient policing", a greater population is of course, one factor.) But, in AZ alone, prison pop. jumped from 3,377 in 1979 to 40,477 in 2010. Predictions are it will rise to 49,700 by 2016.

(My home town has only 27,000 in it. Imagine it all behind bars? I can't.)

The prison industry, in AZ alone, makes up 11.2 % of the state budget in 2011. %The third biggest prison  population spending state in the nation. (I suspect CA first? ) The Dept. of " Corrections"*   state industry in AZ (AZ  is very  recessed now, especially unemployment in So. AZ, ) is the only state budget to avoid  a bidget cut for 2012. Its budget rose $10 million from last fiscal year, to $1.06 billion. Meanwhile, budgets are cut to humanitarian services like education and health care.

The private prison industry is one of the powerful forces behind  anti-migrant laws like SB1070.

The private prison industry,including Corrections Corp. of America (CCA) and Geo Group, is one of the main forces behind lobbying groups that increase penalties and incarcerations by the federal government and by states such as AZ and GA. Their current business plans push for harsher immigrant incarceration policies that drive up prison populations.
(In My state of AZ, sentencing is second  harshest in the country, next to TX.  Many are sent to prison rather than a  cheaper and more positive rehab and diversion and probation because prisons get Federal funding. It is no skin off Phoenix's nose. About 75% of those imprisoned  in AZ are in for non-violent "offenses". Pot is  a felony here, period.)

Both CCA and Geo  Group rely on financing from major investors to employ the powerful lobbying efforts in Congress and Federal agencies, as well as lobbying in state capitols across the country. One of the top investors in Geo Group is Wells, Fargo. W/F uses patron's money to support the private prison industry and bills like SB1070."

(*Prisons--no one gets "corrected" or rehabilitated"--they either ghave  theire lives destroyed, or get so they can't make it on the outside (See "shawshank Redemption"),  and repeat offend to get back in, or simply become "better " criminals.They get experience so it will be harder to get caught next time)  

(Notes in  parenthesis rere my words.)

Ref: "Arizona Republic":'Arizona to expand Private Prisons'; "The Dept. of Corrections: Private prison Growth Report"  . Office of the Auditor General. Prisondivestment.worldpress.com. Werejectracism@gmail.com.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:13:02 AM by mallory » Logged
friendlymaniac
VIP Member

Respect: +1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 03:32:07 AM »

Yeah I remember seeing some youtube footage of some black jails/prisons, run by criminals, payed for by tax goverment dollars and the prisoners stay as long as the government are willing to pay the criminals who run it, I don't care what people say, its bad, im sure there is tons of malnutrition and malnourishment cases involved, starvation and dehydration etc; and don't forget the torture that would be administered by ANOTHER criminal...when I seen the footage I immediately thought of the notorious "Oldboy" film....just wondering...anyone have any info on black prisons in Australia??? just curious to see where it happens also, Im sure China and Japan no doubt have it, prob Africa and Colombia too, I dunno, But I'd like to know.. :)
beej

Respect: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 08:25:26 PM »

i had no idea there were private prisons, this is such a terrible idea.

Like any business there going to want to increase there profits, and more slave laborers will do this and to get those slaves will come more bullshit laws
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 08:25:26 PM »

szfinx15

Respect: -10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 12:27:53 PM »

well, i had no idea there were private prisons...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
    Content such as images and videos posted by members are NOT hosted on Anarchy Nation servers. They are hotlinks where the images are hosted elsewhere, and the links point to these these third party sites. None of these sites are affiliated with Anarchy Nation. Do not submit DMCA requests to the owners of this site. Instead follow the links, and request the files themselves be removed from the file hosting site's servers. Learn more about our DMCA Policy by clicking here.

Anarchy Nation takes no responsibility for what any user encounters when following a link outside this website. This includes (but not limited to) advertisements, pop-ups, embedded adware/malware, suggestion of paid subsriptions, etc. We highly encourage users to have proper firewall, anti-virus and malicious script-blocking software installed on their platforms. It is better to be safe than sorry!

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com