Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!
March 23, 2017, 01:09:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Link Exchange ToS/DMCA Contact Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hack IP address?  (Read 23732 times)
ninefingers
« on: October 01, 2009, 02:19:38 PM »
+1

There may be a thread already addressing this, but here goes:

Does anyone out there have any idea of how to hack an I/P address?  (Some one did on B/S--actually knocked on the guy's door--that's pretty close!)
Anarchology
Administrator

Respect: +171

View Profile WWWAnarchologyORG
1PGrhhSNXpYeo3DD7bnU9RMvJFX7A2uFoh

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 05:50:20 PM »
+1

Actually a pretty good question. I'm not entire sure the legal ramifications are regarding tracking back an IP address a physical address without contacting their service provider. Static IP addresses would be much easier to track back being that they do not change unless you contact your service provider with some reason to chance it.

Still, tracking back an IP address has its issues regarding if it is static or dynamic IP address... or whether or not whoever you are trying to track back is just piggy backing off of another person's WiFi connection. Also, with the newest of routers, many of them have encryption of the data as if it were to be a form of a firewall possibly preventing yourself from finding more information from that computer.

Other options that I wouldn't condone because they are probably illegal in most countries would be finding a way into their computer to see any documents including address... but DONT DO THAT! Jail

There are probably legal ways you can optain information that can pinpoint you to an actual street, or even possibly to a particular house. I've never really looked into it too much. I will do a little searching around for potential LEGAL means. After all, an IP address IS a public address, right? Shrug
Oppenheimer

Respect: +78

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 01:25:17 AM »
+1

Use proxies, duh. I've managed to look like I'm posting from an entirely different geographical region via some smart *legal* procedures as well. Great for avoiding banns  Grin.

Seriously, TORproxy is good for some lesser... *hrrm* incursions, for more serious deals, use one of the pay-to-use options, like proxify. Some websites and servers have such networks blocked as default, but hardly any one computer will. If you can manage to sneak a trojan into your local library via USB or the like you can use the library as a proxy. Quite a bit more complicated, but it's an option.

There is actually a remote client built in for all versions of windows XP, and unless you have a firewall and / or antivirus up and no password you can, by just knowing the IP-adress, take control of the computer. Windows in general is great for hacking. It's a big soup of different programs with security inserted AFTERWARDS as a service.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 01:25:17 AM »

facechampion

Respect: +6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 08:05:28 PM »

You can generally track an IP address to a city by doing a tracert (start -> run -> cmd -> tracert ip) and taking the second to last entry. That will give you the gateway that they're using and those have geographic information attached to them somehow. A database somewhere I suppose. There's services to do it on the internet if you google around.

I don't know the op, but generally when somebody asks me how to "hack an ip" that means they're trying to shutdown / gain control of the computer on the other end. Which is significantly more complicated. Would involve some sort of remote exploit on one of their internet facing services (which there are likely none of because people use firewalls). So generally not possible unless you're nuts.
ninefingers
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 09:51:57 AM »

Just trying to pin down a troller--I got two addresses from MySearch and used myip to find where the server is.  Lucky I had his email address!

Still don't know what I'm going to do when I track him.  Maybe knock on the door and tell him to quit? That should be intimidating/legal enough.
Oppenheimer

Respect: +78

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 08:20:18 AM »

I would do something a little bolder than that, but sure got my go-ahead. Finding out where they live and messing with them IRL is easier than actually hacking them. If you live close enough... I'll have a hard time getting revenge on the fellas from Beijing that tried to breach my firewall (but instead got detected) by knocking on their door.
chaos
ELITE VIP MEMBER

Respect: +74

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 02:10:59 AM »
+1

Just trying to pin down a troller--I got two addresses from MySearch and used myip to find where the server is.  Lucky I had his email address!

Still don't know what I'm going to do when I track him.  Maybe knock on the door and tell him to quit? That should be intimidating/legal enough.

I did this to some asshole who tolled another forum I'm on. It was a local car forum, so someone actually knew his address...

I also did know his phone number, but since you have this guys email address, you can annoy him from all angles, and I'm pretty damn sure this is perfectly legal. You know all of those "Fill out a Survey and Win an iPod" annoying ads? They are all about just gathering your information to bombard you with emails, snail mail, and phone calls for anything related to whatever product information you said you might be interested in.

How is this helpful? If you enter their information in to multiple different survey thingies, they get slammed with those calls, emails, and snail mail. Personally, I spent about 20 minutes filling out these surveys to 'win a free whatever-tha-fuck'. After about two weeks, he made a thread screaming and yelling about a member (me, but he didn't know) put out his information, and he's getting about 20 phone calls a day from solicitors.  dbagsmile

That wasn't it, I heard he got mail offers that filled his mailbox, and even when he told the callers to stop, they kept on doing it... FOR MONTHS! Applause

(I'm gonna make a thread about this for everyone!)
ninefingers
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 08:29:01 AM »

This chap is in California; I'm headed out there some time on a legal matter, anyway.

If I had a good address (I'm not positive), I'd try the contest/enter this survey scheme.  Might still--would be like saturation bombing. Grin
ninefingers
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 10:06:19 AM »

Sent him a LOT of Jewish New  Mother catalogs; surveys in Spoanish, etc, to both addresses.  One should find him...such fun!  Thanks, Chaos!  Smiley

Did a Little hacking...but I've since found he has a lot of complaints against him, anyway,  (Finally!) so Admins  on "that"  forum are actually Doing something. Wink  (They  finally got off the Sauce-??)

I'd like to shut him down permanent and any forum that allows such childishness.. Grin
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 10:06:19 AM »

Necrolich

Respect: +20

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 02:10:58 AM »

A tad late perhaps...

Well a perfectly legal albeit much simpler way would be to use a site such as http://com.lullar.com/ and enter his email. Lullar then gives you any social networking sites that email is registered too, and the link to the profile to which it is connected (Lullar isn't too terribly good though, pretty much good for Facebook and Myspace). If you get lucky with a name, either snoop around a bit, or use the city/zip code of the server from his IP address in the email on a site like http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/ or more specifically http://www.ip-adress.com/trace_email/ (which I think you already did). <<<<I forgot...this requires membership
Next, go to a site like http://www.whitepages.com/people_business and search them. You can narrow down your search by entering a more specific location. Once you find the guy you want, Whitepages will give you an address and even a map to get there.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 02:25:45 AM by Necrolich » Logged
trezza
VIP Member

Respect: +106

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 03:55:31 PM »

If you're speaking to someone on an IM like MSN then you can go to start>run>cmd and type in netstat, that brins up a list of all the things you're connected to. many of them mean nothing, but if you find one of the items has an ISP's name then it could be your friend/foe. It's best do do this with no other windows open, it's easier to narrow down that way. for example a common service provider here is telstra's "bigpond" service. if I was speaking to someone on msn using bigpond internet it would say au.xxx.bigpond.com, maybe some other numbers and letters then their i.p address which usually has hyphens instead of dots like so 123-345-789-876
Mr mofo

Respect: 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 09:20:50 AM »

Best way to go is, download a program called Nmap (it's free cross platform) and use that.

An Nmap scan will show you everything  you need to know, and more, about your on line environment and who else is connected to it. 

And, you can use it for more nefarious activities too,  DDOS blags etc .., if you where that way inclined ...  Wink
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 09:20:50 AM »

locvan

Respect: 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 06:41:29 PM »

There may be a thread already addressing this, but here goes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
    Content such as images and videos posted by members are NOT hosted on Anarchy Nation servers. They are hotlinks where the images are hosted elsewhere, and the links point to these these third party sites. None of these sites are affiliated with Anarchy Nation. Do not submit DMCA requests to the owners of this site. Instead follow the links, and request the files themselves be removed from the file hosting site's servers. Learn more about our DMCA Policy by clicking here.

Anarchy Nation takes no responsibility for what any user encounters when following a link outside this website. This includes (but not limited to) advertisements, pop-ups, embedded adware/malware, suggestion of paid subsriptions, etc. We highly encourage users to have proper firewall, anti-virus and malicious script-blocking software installed on their platforms. It is better to be safe than sorry!

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com