Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!
March 30, 2017, 07:42:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Link Exchange ToS/DMCA Contact Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: $22 hour minimum wage -  (Read 58548 times)
AngieB

Respect: +7445

View ProfileDon't use this yet!Don't use this yet!Don't use this yet!Don't use this yet!Don't use this yet!
« on: March 19, 2013, 08:08:19 AM »

How many more people have to lose jobs?
Company's can't afford that! Crazy!
yungwilenafreak

Respect: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 03:23:25 AM »

Well Here in Florida they are trying to raise minimum wage to 9 10 dolars.
AngieB

View ProfileDon't use this yet!Don't use this yet!Don't use this yet!Don't use this yet!Don't use this yet!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 01:58:13 PM »

I know I'm in Florida  Smiley
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 01:58:13 PM »

Sciazo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 11:12:02 PM »

Really, in what state? I'm not sure how expensive living in the US is but $22 indeed sounds a little high. You should keep in mind though, that a higher minimum wage also leads to a higher purchasing power. When people buy more because they can afford it companies will also have a higher revenue.
Islander

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 09:36:26 PM »

Crazy... This is higher than the minimum DAILY wage of most asian countries!
tickler32

Respect: +1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 03:13:01 PM »

Really, in what state? I'm not sure how expensive living in the US is but $22 indeed sounds a little high. You should keep in mind though, that a higher minimum wage also leads to a higher purchasing power. When people buy more because they can afford it companies will also have a higher revenue.

But where are the companies going to get the money to pay their workers $22 an hour? Increase the taxes on goods imported from China and elsewhere around the world. There needs to be an incentive to keep jobs in the USA to create competition for labor.
DemonicMaster666

Respect: +9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 08:57:51 PM »

lol being both a certified chef and certified in brick and concrete work as well as sheetrocking and frameing 22 an hour is My friends rate I normally charge anywere from 25 to 30 an hr sometimes more
centgent

Respect: -1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 04:34:00 AM »

How many more people have to lose jobs?
Company's can't afford that! Crazy!

Sure they can afford it.... we can't! Inflation would sky rocket, the value of the dollar would drop, and the very people the M.W. is supposed to help will be hurt worse.
wasolk

Respect: +53

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 01:05:47 AM »

At this wage, the cost of things will just increase and all current wages will increase also. It is sad to say, but increasing the minimum wage will just help some people temporarily.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 01:05:47 AM »

zascar
VIP Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 08:03:11 AM »

its just a political sound bite, there is no way that would ever fly, jobs would start disappearing immediately.
MrKoko

Respect: +18

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 07:24:44 PM »

Hey at least youre not neets
SleepyHD

Respect: -18

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 07:48:10 AM »

In Hungary the the hour wage about 5-10$... :/
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 07:48:10 AM »

Aric_Andrews

Respect: +4

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 10:41:09 AM »
+1

Fast food workers want $15/hr. Say hello to $4 tacos at Taco Bell and $7 Big Macs if the companies cave.
dragonius
Global Moderator

Respect: +26

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 10:00:14 PM »

Hawaii has a minimum wage of $13 hour (not state applied) at McDonald's

The companies will have a fine time of making those $22/hour fees...the fast food places will just do the following:
A) Managers get $30/hr and work full-time
B) Employees will start at $22/hr and work 10 hour weeks with $0.10 raises every 6 months
C) Food cost will go up by $3-8 per entree
AngieB

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 07:20:27 AM »

Hawaii has a minimum wage of $13 hour (not state applied) at McDonald's

The companies will have a fine time of making those $22/hour fees...the fast food places will just do the following:
A) Managers get $30/hr and work full-time
B) Employees will start at $22/hr and work 10 hour weeks with $0.10 raises every 6 months
C) Food cost will go up by $3-8 per entree

I fully agree. Employers like my brother would have to layoff workers, cut hours for the remaining workers, and drop all benifit plans just to stay in business - not to mention price increases. It's a no-win situation for everyone, regardless whether in US or not.

Sure, I'd like $20 per hour to wait tables at 40 hours a week, but they give me that much, my hours would be at least 20 less per week and my tips would disappear. It's a catch 22 - Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.  Cry  My tips average $80-125 per day - give me $20 per hour and they will drop to $20-30 and IRS get's a big chunk of our payrol as it is! $8 per hour in any fast food is good money.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:25:31 AM by AngieB » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
    Content such as images and videos posted by members are NOT hosted on Anarchy Nation servers. They are hotlinks where the images are hosted elsewhere, and the links point to these these third party sites. None of these sites are affiliated with Anarchy Nation. Do not submit DMCA requests to the owners of this site. Instead follow the links, and request the files themselves be removed from the file hosting site's servers. Learn more about our DMCA Policy by clicking here.

Anarchy Nation takes no responsibility for what any user encounters when following a link outside this website. This includes (but not limited to) advertisements, pop-ups, embedded adware/malware, suggestion of paid subsriptions, etc. We highly encourage users to have proper firewall, anti-virus and malicious script-blocking software installed on their platforms. It is better to be safe than sorry!

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com