Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!
March 30, 2017, 07:43:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Link Exchange ToS/DMCA Contact Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Members can use Twitter #hashtags and @ tags to boost visiblity of new topics!  (Read 3316 times)
Anarchology
Administrator

Respect: +171

View Profile WWWAnarchologyORG
1PGrhhSNXpYeo3DD7bnU9RMvJFX7A2uFoh

« on: August 23, 2013, 07:09:56 PM »

Anarchy Nation has numerous Twitter accounts setup for sections on the forum. When members post up new topics, they are posted to the corresponding Twitter Feeds via API. The title of the new topic is posted in the Tweet followed by a link to the corresponding topic. Hashtags on Twitter are the keywords that users input into the search field to find exactly the kinds of Tweets they are looking to view. For this reason, we encourage our members to use #hashtags in order to boost the visibility of their posts!

Are you Twitter illiterate? No problem. Here's a quick parameters:
- Always start with a pound sign (#)
- After the pound sign, they start with a letter and can contain numbers after
- NO spaces, underscores (_) or other special characters
- they are not case sensitive (i.e. #AnarchyNation is the same as #anarchynation)
- USE BUZZWORDS! The best hashtags are those that are currently trending, or widely known.

Here are a couple transitional examples below:

Original: These are my favorite hot pictures of Rihanna
Twitterfied: These are my favorite hot pictures of Rihanna #pics #celeb #sexy

Original: New York Police shoot unarmed homeless man
Twitterfied: New York Police shoot unarmed homeless man #nypd #badcop #p2 #video

Original: Woman falls crushing grapes
Twitterfied: Woman falls crushing grapes #video #funny #fail #lol

Original: What is your favorite car?
Twitterfied: What is your favorite car? #question #domestic #import

Also, there is one other Twitter tag which is the @ tag. These are special tags used to point directly to other Twitter accounts. For example, if you included the @ tag of "@Anarchology", I would be notified of the Tweet on my own Twitter account as well as being seen by anyone else. The @ tags are best used in titles where a specific Twitter user is to be acknowledged in the post. If you aren't familiar with Twitter, you should stick to the #hashtags!
Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
    Content such as images and videos posted by members are NOT hosted on Anarchy Nation servers. They are hotlinks where the images are hosted elsewhere, and the links point to these these third party sites. None of these sites are affiliated with Anarchy Nation. Do not submit DMCA requests to the owners of this site. Instead follow the links, and request the files themselves be removed from the file hosting site's servers. Learn more about our DMCA Policy by clicking here.

Anarchy Nation takes no responsibility for what any user encounters when following a link outside this website. This includes (but not limited to) advertisements, pop-ups, embedded adware/malware, suggestion of paid subsriptions, etc. We highly encourage users to have proper firewall, anti-virus and malicious script-blocking software installed on their platforms. It is better to be safe than sorry!

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com