Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!
January 24, 2017, 12:12:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Link Exchange ToS/DMCA Contact Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Muscle vs. Tuner Debate Thread!  (Read 41205 times)
Anarchology
Administrator

Respect: +170

View Profile WWWAnarchologyORG
1PGrhhSNXpYeo3DD7bnU9RMvJFX7A2uFoh

« on: December 02, 2009, 02:28:18 AM »
+2

I'll start this section off with the usual battle thread. I would have named it the American Muscle vs. Import Thread, but I understand many of our members live all over the World. What is import to an American isn't to someone who lives in that country.

I personally have owned both Muscle and Tuner cars. The two I have now being a 95 Pontiac Trans Am and a 91 Eagle Talon TSi. Both I have done my own work on. Well, as of about a month ago, my Trans Am is no more. It is getting parted out (I got in a wreck). Shortly after, I pulled out the track engine of my Talon and threw in a non-modified engine for this winter.

So which is your preference guys? Would you rather go with Muscle cars or Tuners? Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Both are also fun to play with in their own way.
jj19902003

Respect: +1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 02:10:54 AM »
+1

i love both! but if it was like a life or death choose sort of thing i would have to go with imports. i just sold my 1990 nissan 300zx twin turbo and damn did i love that car!
hondo76

you wont like me when im ANGRY

Respect: +5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 07:13:35 PM »
+2

im all about muscle the motor i built for my lifted blazer makes 380 hp for less than a grand even with 33 inch tires it throw your head back when i lay into it
here she is http://s335.photobucket.com/albums/m474/adambellar/?action=view&current=l_1e3749228e3f41329f61a57d29c97a04.jpg
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 07:14:43 PM by hondo76 » Logged
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 07:13:35 PM »

mcilroyy

Respect: +3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 06:59:21 PM »
+1

im a big fan of american muscle cars.... man i actuly want a camero XD
master55

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 04:28:19 PM »
+1

Muscle all day long have owned 2 camaros a 78 and a 2000 ls1 . my buddy had a neon srt which is fast for what it is but couldnt touch the ls1 camaro i had. had high flow cats, flowmaster exhaust, high pro computer chip, k&n cold air intake. car did 0 to 60 in under 5 secs never drag raced it so dont know quarter time but i would guess somewhere in the upper 12second range. tuners are nice but nothing beats the sound of a musle car .
Jimmyjamx22

Respect: +4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 06:52:39 PM »
+1

I have owned a 94 honda civic, with a GSI motor in it, and i owned a 71 dodge demon 340. I would have to say i loved the little honda cause of the fact i could weave in and out of traffic with breese. but then i jus tloved the sound, the feel, and the power behind the V8. so its more or less your own opinion. i would prefer Muscel, cause all the electronic shit is a pain the the ass to work on. Have done lots of mechanic work in my life and hands down the muscel was easyer.
Stumpy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 11:55:20 AM »
+1

I have seen some serious RX7 action out on the drag strip, in fact I have never seen anything else that fast.  However I have owned both tuners and muscle cars, and the sound and feeling generated from a muscle car is bar none the best.  Every guy driving a tuner car looks like a doucher because he is driving this tiny little girlie car.  When you roll up in a real car with a real engine, people look, it turns heads and is sometimes deafening.  Some guys driving muscle cars look like douchers too, but hey his ride is sweet.

katzskillz
Global Moderator

Respect: +151

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 02:47:37 PM »
+1

Well said Stumpy.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 11:17:51 AM by katzskillz » Logged
MoPaR

Respect: +3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 01:20:25 AM »
+1

Muscle I have owned, Tuner I have owned, and have much respect for both..... but I gota say its muscle all the way for me!

Its just as simple as the shake, the roar the smell.... but most of all the character of a muscle car, its sleek, and aggressive,  it has to sound like the world is comming to an end and be able to scare the sh*t outta yourself.... sorry to say but, although tuners perform great. they are easy to handle and they just dont sound like a car should, the first time I ever drove a 340+6 4speed car, dropped into 3rd @ 120KM/h and broke traction sideways, well, the rest is left to your imaginations.
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 01:20:25 AM »

steedbeefman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 03:21:39 PM »
+1

I love muscle cars but would rather have a modern car to tune. Muscle cars look good but compared to todays standards, performance-wise they can't compete.
Wanderer9
VIP Member

Respect: +10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 06:09:37 PM »
+1

I can see myself getting a muscle car, somewhere down the road, finances permitting.
I have a 1997 Olds Aurora(as posted) with a peppy 250bhp 4.0L engine;
I like Camaros and Trans Ams, would like a GTO (who wouldn't!).
Pray to the gods of technology for me will ya? Back to shop Friday, damn stalling issue. I thought this was taken care of with IAC work.
Bossi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 07:19:12 PM »
+1

I used to like muscle cars a lot, but I've developed a lot of love for imports. DSM's and the Silvia's are oh so sexy. Always fun to suprise the shit out of kids in the new-gen mustangs with a little KA-T 240sx. I mean, the thing has the potential to destroy 80-90's muscle cars AND drift, that's pretty god damn awesome.
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 07:19:12 PM »

desharkracer

Respect: +2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 07:37:46 PM »
+1

Tuners are just the modern day equivalent of the 60's muscle era.  Back then they played with monster v8's to make 300 horsepower.  Nowadays in the new millennia twe do it with much more efficient 4 cyl engines. 
jack3k3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 01:30:51 AM »
+1

trying to say tuners can compete with muscle cars is laughable. i can tell you one thing, the worlds fastest production car (257mph ultimate aero) doesn't get 1000HP from some 4cyl thats for damn sure.

for me this debate has been over and not even debatable since that shitty the fast and the furious clip where a muscle and tuner are racing and the muscle owns the shit out of the tuner only to be driven off the road by the tuner in a game of chicken to regain time. pathetic.
sr20brent

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 11:38:55 PM »
+1

i love both! but if it was like a life or death choose sort of thing i would have to go with imports. i just sold my 1990 nissan 300zx twin turbo and damn did i love that car!

+1 for a great choice of car. I just wish they were a little lighter  Shrug Get a 240sx, thats where the funs at  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
    Content such as images and videos posted by members are NOT hosted on Anarchy Nation servers. They are hotlinks where the images are hosted elsewhere, and the links point to these these third party sites. None of these sites are affiliated with Anarchy Nation. Do not submit DMCA requests to the owners of this site. Instead follow the links, and request the files themselves be removed from the file hosting site's servers. Learn more about our DMCA Policy by clicking here.

Anarchy Nation takes no responsibility for what any user encounters when following a link outside this website. This includes (but not limited to) advertisements, pop-ups, embedded adware/malware, suggestion of paid subsriptions, etc. We highly encourage users to have proper firewall, anti-virus and malicious script-blocking software installed on their platforms. It is better to be safe than sorry!

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com